192.168.1.1 is a private IP address that is used to login to the router of the admin panel. This is specified by the router companies beforehand as the default gateway address. This can be used to make different changes in the settings of the router.
How to Log in 192.168.1.1?
To log in, you will have to follow the steps that are given below:
- You will first have to go to 168.1.1. If you want you can also type 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar of the browser.
- Now, you will get a login page that will appear in front of you and will ask you to enter the user name and the password.
- After this, you will have to enter the user name and the password in the correct fields.
- Now you will have to log in to the admin panel of this router.
If you are unable to access the admin panel, then you can try in with a different IP address/
What if you forget the user name and the password of the IP address 192.168.1.1?
If you have forgotten the user name and the password of the IP address, then you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- You can refer to the manual or the box or look at the back of the router. Check to find out the default user name and the password list there.
- If you have changed the password and have forgotten about it, then you will have to perform a factory reset.
- For doing the factory reset, you will first have to look for a small hidden “RESET” button that is there at the back of the router.
- Make sure that you hold the button for about 10 – 15 seconds and for this you can use a paper clip or a needle. The router will now reboot itself and will check the default settings.
How to change Route IP address 192.168.1.1 Admin?
The default gateway IP address normally comes pre-assigned by the internet service provider. But the user will be able to configure them as per their needs and requirements. At times, this is also done to ensure that the bad guys do not access the admin panel and also prevent the DDoS attacks or simply to add an additional layer of safety.
To do this, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- You will have to first log in to the default admin panel which is 168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and the user name and the password is admin/admin.
- You will now have to go to the Advanced Settings, then go to Network and after that go the LAN option.
- Now, under the IP address option, you will have to change it as per your desired address such as 168.1.2.
- Now you need to save it and to apply the changes the router will be rebooting.
- You will first have to log in to the router configuration page with the username as admin and the password as admin/blank.
- After that, you will have to go to the Setup Options and then go to the Network Settings Option.
- Finally, you will come across the Router IP address field.
- You can change it as per your preference and then save it.
- You will first have to log in to the NetGear router settings using 168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or you can also access it either using http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- The user name is Admin and the Password is Password by Default.
- Then you will have to go to the option that says, Advanced, then go to the Setup option from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Now go to the LAN Setup option.
- Under the LAN TCP/IP Setup option, you will be able to see the IP address and you can change the 10.10.10.1 as per your preference.
- Apply the changes and the system will reboot to update all the settings.
In the process, if anything goes wrong, you can reset the router so as to go back to the default factory settings. Thus, this way all the customization will be reverted back. If you want to protect the WiFi network, then you will be able to prevent unauthorized access. It is important for you to follow all the basic rules that include enabling WPA2 encryption, setting up a strong password, and disabling the WPS. This adds higher security. This is because this is an old process of synchronization between the networks. It also helps in the filtering of the MAC address and also updates the router firmware occasionally.